Sunday, May 15, 2016

Wonderful

So tell me, ya'll, how's your day been going?

Good, bad, a mixture of both? I, personally, am doing pretty good right about now. The sky is beautifully blue, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and everything just feels like spring. (At least, at the time of this writing it is...) There's a scent of damp earth and dew in the air, a bountiful floral fragrance, and a great growth popping up just about everywhere.


But I didn't come here just to chit-chat, (although, that actually would be really nice...), I have my daily question for ya'll:

What defines a certain day as "good" or "bad" for you?

Well for me, most days are a fragmented collection of moods, happenings, tasks, activities, and other varied occurrences. And, at the end of the day, depending on the ratio between the good things and the bad things that happened that day, I might classify that day as either
  1. A good day. (Yay!)     :D
  2. A bad day. (No!)         :(
And in such empirical labeling, I am wholly flawed in my reasoning. Can you spot it? I based the success or failure of the day, solely on the consideration that a day could be considered 'good' when good things happened and a day considered 'bad' if bad things happened. As such, I completely fail to place any importance on my own actions and everything on what was acted upon me. I'm a victim of circumstances, not a survivor of them. I'm happy depending only on what happens to me. I have failed to be happy despite what happens. Instead of conquering the day, I'm conquered by it. I'm helpless.

Which points me to a rather ponderous question:

What is the cause of my happiness?

Is it merely situational, depending on the world to supply my need? Or do I draw joy from the deepest source available to me, the depths of God?

I think I already know the answer to that question. The real problem for discussion is as such: How to transfer my foundation from the world to the One who made it? 

After all, that seems like a daunting task. How do I redirect all my priorities, my desires, my ambitions and fix them to the true fulfillment of all of them? That means a change in mindset. That means turning from things that are holding me back from more. That means conforming my lifestyle to God, and not the other way around. And that's hard. But think about it. Why would God demand this of us?

Because He wants to give us sooooooo much more. When you finally lose yourself to Him, He holds nothing back. In the end, we're the reason for our own irritability, unhappiness, listlessness, and lack of joy. God doesn't do "bad days". He doesn't plan out new ways for us to hate life each day. When you wake up in the morning, REJOICE YOU PEOPLES!

He's given us another chance, another day, another moment filled with countless opportunities to give Him glory and pleasure. Don't waste your time, go out and do something! Sing, dance, read, write, run, pray, eat, paint, draw, smile, laugh, etc. God's given us a day filled with every good thing imaginable. The only thing He asks in return is to abandon ourselves to Him completely.

And how do we do that? Easy. Make God an integral part of your day. Spend some time with Him in contemplation, read the bible, try praying positively more, attempt to become more like Jesus. In short, become a Christ-centered Christian.

It might be hard at first, but good things never come without a struggle. I can't promise every day will be a happy one, that's not the point. The thing is,

You have a wonderful life.

And it's worth living.

God doesn't make exceptions.

2 comments:

  1. This was good. Being joyful all the time about everything is hard.... Especially with school :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yes, it's something I struggle with myself. I think the key word is joyful. While we should strive to be joyful in our daily lives, it doesn't mean we have to be happy about every single thing. I find viewing things with a different mindset or perspective helps me greatly. Especially with the things that challenge me. Once I accept the fact that, yes I have to do this, then I can focus on figuring out how to do it in the most efficient and enjoyable way possible. Instead of moping and pouting around, (which I am liable to do at times), I can concentrate on doing a job well. And that is much more fun!

      Unfortunately, I can't sympathize greatly with your plight as I LOVE school. Studying Latin Declensions, Algebra II, or learning how WWI started is immensely enjoyable for me. However, I can totally understand. School can be quite trying at times. Thankfully, with this warm weather, I can start doing my school outside! :D Out of curiosity, what would you consider to be your favorite subject?

      Sorry for the long comment, I tend to get carried away at times. :P

      -Thomas

      Delete

Anything inappropriate will be deleted, Thanks!